Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Im a gi ne

That's about how slow I can play "Imagine" on the guitar. Sigh. I LOVE guitar!!! This stupid song has a few quick tough chord changes, so that's why I'm playing it so very very slow right now, but I am playing it!! The wacko was back. This time she asked if "We could play the Madonna version?" of the song. Our teacher, a member of Old Town's Beatles ensemble said "Hell no." She's gotta go. For real. New problem in Guitar 2. So, these folks have been together for the staggering amount of time that is 18 weeks, and are, like, totally besties! And so not keen on interlopers (aka new people, aka me). I'm not having it. They need to realize this is not their private little group, people come and go at Old Town all the time. Some are warming up to me because let's face it, I'm awesome AND hilarious. Others? Not so much. I've figured it out with one of them, though. Apparently she had dubbed herself the "funny girl" of the class, and OF COURSE I'M A THREAT because I'm 10 x funnier than her without even trying. Ah, well, she will lose. Too bad.

6 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

This time she asked if "We could play the Madonna version?" of the song.

It has the same chords, no? Tell her she can be a fool on her own time. Hell, you're not even playing the Beatles version, you're playing the "Guitar 2" version. Sheesh!

Apparently she had dubbed herself the "funny girl" of the class

That's not how it works.

And so not keen on interlopers (aka new people, aka me).

Gotta hate the cliqueishness.

Enjoy the break from teh t00bz.

Kathleen said...

sounds like a bad live version of Glee

Vonnie said...

B4 - Right? I mean, RighT! You get it.
K-Unit - giggle, you're onto something there!!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

OK, I think you've just surpassed my skills.

t-shirt seen at Summerfest: a chord diagram labeled:

Gsus

Saves

Vonnie said...

Z - I WANT that tshirt!! Awesome.
p.s. - Folk & Roots fest this weekend, tshirt designed by your friend and mine, Mr. Langford.
OF COURSE I'll get you one!!!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

wait...Madonna did a cover of Imagine?

wrongwrongwrong.